We start the route from the Parking del Castillo, a good viewpoint of Cuenca and without a doubt the canyon formed by the sickle of the Huécar River with the background image of the monument of the Hanging Houses.
We went down to the Cathedral of Cuenca, passed by the famous Hanging Houses of Cuenca and crossed the Huécar river, a few meters from surrendering to Júcar, by the Bridge of San Pablo with a new view and possibly the best, of the Hanging Houses.
On the other side of the river we pass by the Parador de Cuenca (San Pablo Convent) and we immediately get onto the GR-66 trail. And little by little we arrived at Molinos de Papel. A small town in the Cuenca municipality of Palomera. And we continue rolling along the parallel paths and upstream of the Huécar until it reaches the town of La Palomera.
We keep going through the Pozas De Palomera and we arrive at the source of the Huécar. Where we already changed bands and started the return on the other side of the river. First going back through La Palomera, although on the other side of the river, and we continued walking. We pass through the Cuevas del Fraile and enjoying the autumn colors, during we climb to the top of Cerro de San Cristobal and the Ermita de San Isidro.
Now we only have the descent with some small zetas that will leave us in the ruined Castillo de Cuenca.
It requires a route full of trails along the entire length of the Huécar river, which we have recovered from the Autumn 2013 archive.
Max elevation: 1179 m
Total climbing: 1016 m
Total time: 04:48:01